Call for abstracts - now open
Delegates who would like to present their work at the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) are invited to submit an abstract for consideration.
RULES FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission Deadline, 30 August 2019, 5pm (NZT)
Please read the information below before you submit your abstract. The NZSG intends to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. All conflicts of interest must be declared.
To view the abstract criteria please click here.
Requirements for submission of abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted online
Size and preparation
The abstract should be in Microsoft Word in the following format:
- Single line spacing
- Arial Font 11
- Title: bold, left aligned
- Authors: Surname, Initials (presenting author to be bold), Organisation. All co-authors to be acknowledged. Granting boding to be acknowledged
- Abstract text:
- left aligned
- Maximum work count of 300 words
- The abstract should be structured as follows:
- A title that clearly refers to nature of the abstract
- The introduction should contact 1-2 sentences that clearly indicate the scientific question of the study and its clinical or scientific importance
- Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the design and analysis and statistics used. Include here compliance with local ethics requirements
- Results should contain objective data to answer the scientific question
- Conclusions should only cover conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice. Speculation and over-generalisation are to be
- Graphs can be included but are taken as equal to 50 words of text
- Words in tables or flow diagrams count towards total word count
- Define abbreviations on first use
- Ensure the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes
- There will be NO late breaking abstracts
- Abstracts that contact >300 words will be rejected
SCORING OF ABSTRACTS
Presentation at the conference is competitive process. Each abstract will be scored in a blinded fashion by the Scientific Committee
The judges decision to accept a presentation is final.
The majority of abstracts will be considered for poster presentations. Please indicate if you do NOT want to be considered for an ORAL presentation.
All submitting authors will be advised by 27 September 2019 if their papers have been accepted or declined.
A condition of acceptance is that at least one author or nominated presenter registers for the Conference.
Presenters are responsible for their own accommodation and registration expenses.
ORAL PAPER PRESENTATION
If your abstract is accepted as an oral presentation, you will be given a 12-20 minute slot in the programme, which will include discussion time. Further detailed instructions will be sent to authors of the accepted abstracts.
Posters must be presented within the size of the poster boards, which are 1.2 metres wide by 2.3 metres high. Posters should be AO Portrait ONLY. Please ensure the text is of sufficient size for easy reading at a distance of one metre.
NZSG would like to acknowledge the abstract submission guidelines from the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology and the British Society of Gastroenterology, many of which have been adapted and incorporated into these guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the submission of your abstract, please contact Claire Bark, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 972 2034 during business hours.